There are many tea tree oil shampoos today on the market. If you are not sure about the commercial products or allergic to commercial level products or if you can’t afford the expensive tea tree oil shampoos, then don’t worry. Here is the most famous Australian tea tree oil shampoo that you can prepare at home easily.
At the end of this article I have listed the commercially produced tea tree oil shampoos that I can recommend to you with my personal experience and my patients’ experience.
Benefits of tea tree oil shampoo
There are many researches undergoing to establish the health benefits of tea tree oil shampoo for your scalp.
The colorless/ pale yellow tea tree oil consists of terpinen-4- ol, gamma terpinene like compounds that help to give the effects mentioned below.
- Tea tree oil has moisturising properties that helps to reduce dryness in your scalp.
- This shampoo helps you to get rid of dandruff within two weeks.
- Tea tree shampoo nourishes your hair roots and gives you the glowing, longer hair that enhances your beauty naturally.
- It helps to regrow the hair where there is baldness. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties provide the ideal environment for your hair to regrow.
- It makes your hair stronger and reduces easy breakage.
- This shampoo has duel ability to remove unwanted oils from your scalp and replace it with good nourishing oil layers.
Ingredients you need to prepare your own tea tree oil shampoo
- Used shampoo bottle or a well cleaned soap dispenser
- 100ml if distilled water – ½ cup of water
- 50ml if liquid castile soap
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin
- 2 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil
- Tea tree oil – 10 drops.
You can find these oils in your nearest supermarket or even get delivered to your door steps for a reasonable price. The benefits of this shampoo will be worth your effort finding the ingredients as it doesn’t have unwanted chemicals, preservatives and colorings like in commercial tea tree oil shampoos.
How to prepare the shampoo?
Add 100ml of distilled water to a jar and then add 50ml of liquid castile soap into it. Stir it thoroughly while adding 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin and 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil. When they get dissolved properly add 10 drops of tea tree oil. Make sure not to exceed more than 10drops as tea tree oil is an essential oil that should be used cautiously to get the maximum benefits out of it.
How to use your homemade shampoo?
This tea tree oil should be used daily for showering to get rid of dandruff. Your dandruff will be gone within 2 weeks. If you don’t have dandruff, then use it once every two days. This homemade tea tree oil shampoo can be used up to 4 months if you store it in a cool, dry place. Don’t keep it exposed to direct sunlight.
Have you ever wished that you get long glowing hair like a Russian model, then essential oils are the best remedy for you. They are natural, chemical free and extremely affordable.
If you are too busy to prepare your own oil and don’t have problems with spending a few dollars on them, these are the best commercially available shampoos you can buy in your nearest supermarket.
But as a medical student I advise you to make your own tea tree oil shampoo and get the experience first. Life is all about experiencing new things and facing challenges after all, isn’t it?