Have you ever felt that you have to quit smoking for yourself or for your loved ones? Have you failed in quitting smoking after trying so hard for years? Have you failed to make your loved ones quit smoking? If so, as a medical student I can give a few tips about using essential oils to quit smoking and reduce sleepiness, difficulty in falling asleep, stress and nervousness that you will be experiencing as withdrawal symptoms.
Essential oils such as Chamomile, Lavender, Ylang Ylang will help to bring you calmness.Citrus Oils like Grapefruit, Orange, and lemon bring you refreshment and a brighter mood.
These are the top 5 essential oils to quit smoking. I have met many patients during my clinical appointments who are succeeding by using essential oils to quit smoking along with medical therapy. When both methods are combined, there’s a higher incidence of success rates.
Best Essential Oils to Quit Smoking
Essential Oils help to eliminate withdrawal symptoms and your cravings when combined with nicotinic patches. If you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, nervousness, increl oils that will help you to quit smoking. If you want to use essential oils to quit smoking below are the best essential oils that you must use.
- Black Pepper Essential Oil – When you inhale black pepper, you get the feeling of nicotine. So you can avoid smoking for days when you have black pepper essential oil inhaled.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – When inhaled you can experience your headache resolving within minutes. You can combine this with Frankincense essential oil for better results.
- Cardamom Essential Oil – It’s good for your upset stomach and wet cough. You can combine it with peppermint oil and ginger oil.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil – Sandalwood essential oil combined with cardamom oil and neroli oil helps to calm you and relax your mind. If you become easily frustrated as a withdrawal symptom, this is the best oil for you to inhale.
- Marjoram Essential Oil – Do you find it difficult to sleep during the process of quitting smoking? If so, Marjoram oil is the best solution to make you fall asleep easily.
You can combine these oils and get the best out of it. Make sure not to exceed more than 10 drops at a time.
Methods of Using Essential Oil to Quit Smoking
There are ready made essential oil inhalers that consist of a certain amount of the oil. It is a small device that you can carry with you every day. There are two types of inhalers. These inhalers come in handy when using essential oils to quit smoking One type of essential oil inhalers consist of a single type of oil while the other type is a combined version.
This inhaler mimics the hand and inhaler movement as same as the cigarettes. So it’s good to overcome the habitual action of your body.
Essential Oils for Room diffusion
This is also one of the best ways to overcome your habit of smoking. This method is very effective when using essential oils to quit smoking. You can use candle diffusers or essential aroma diffusers to disperse the essential oil of your choice into your room.
You can apply oil smoothly into your skin. But make sure there are no wounds, ongoing acne because some essential oils can be harmful if directly contacted with blood.
Aromatic bath oils and bath salts also benefit you when you are trying to quit smoking. Quitting is not easy as getting addicted to smoking. So practice mindfulness and continue your treatments without breaks. Once you quit, never try to smoke for one last time as it can restart your addiction to smoking.
Continue using essential oils to quit smoking as it helps you to overcome your cravings and reduce your cravings up to zero percent after long time use of these magical essential oils. The time depends from person to person. But never give up.
You can use essential oil inhalers 3 times a day and obtain the best results!
Quit smoking for yourself and your loved ones!